As the International Business programme attracts more students every year, we love to welcome (a) new staff member(s). This programme has an international character with colleagues and students from all over of the world. We empower, encourage and equip our students to become international business leaders; professionals in innovative transformational leadership who create shared value through sustainable business solutions.
As a lecturer/coach in this programme you are versatile and you are a generalist with a PhD or Master degree, preferably in the field of Business Administration. We are looking for lecturers who are comfortable in different fields of expertise; (online) marketing, finance, sustainability, entrepreneurship, data analytics, strategy & organisation, culture & organisation and business communication.
Next to being a generalist, our lecturers are also coaches who are responsible for supervising students during internships and the graduation process, so coaching skills are indispensable.
You and your team are responsible for educating our students using methods such as lectures, training and coaching sessions and projects. You will supervise the learning processes of individual students or student teams, and coach and assess their work and progress through assignments and internships. You will set up tests and assess the development of the students. You will meet our quality standards and ensure correct and timely administration, logistics, and communication.
As a member of our team, you are dedicated to the process of continual improvement. You innovate education, contribute to applied research and extend your professional network.
What do you have to offer?
- You are a generalist in the field of international business and you are comfortable being deployed in a variety of areas as mentioned above;
- It is essential that you have completed a Master's programme (and it is extra nice if you have a PhD);
- All communication is in English. You have a good command of the language, both spoken and written;
- You are internationally oriented. You have worked abroad and/ or worked for an international company for several years;
- Experience in teaching and/or applied research is an advantage;
- It is important that you have hands-on experience with the latest digital tools that are used in your area of expertise and that you feel confident to train students to work.
You inspire students, contribute to the programme and have strong organizational skills. You are creative and flexible. Collaboration is your number 1 priority and don’t let stress of deadlines put you off. IT tools are playing an important role in the educational process and these are in Dutch. It is therefore important that you have some knowledge of the Dutch language that you can handle this well.
About the workplace
Since IB is one of three English taught programs at the HU, this is an unique place to work. Our team is very ambitious and comes from all over the world, which makes this work environment really interesting. IB is located at Utrecht Science Park, Heidelberglaan 15.
What do we offer you?
Apart from a very inspiring and multicultural work environment, we have a lot more to offer:
- A contract for 0,6 - 1,0 fte on a temporary contract for one year (D4);
- The gross salary for a full-time position starts at € 3.881,09 with a maximum of €5.332,48 (scale 11).
- A health care contribution of € 300.00 gross per year in proportion to employment;
- In addition, according to the collective labor agreement for HBO, you will receive a holiday allowance of 8% and a guaranteed year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- We have excellent study and development opportunities;
- The possibility to have 428 holiday hours per year with a full-time employment;
- Flexible working hours;
- Obviously a smartphone and a laptop;
- A voluntary collective health insurance and nice extras such as a bicycle plan and discounts on other insurance policies, software and fitness;
You can apply for this job only online until September 30 next. Note that the interviews will be in English. If you require additional information about this vacancy, please contact Kim van Minnen (Director of Education International Business) at email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!
A reference check, a digital screening for diploma and ID and the application for a VOG will take place at the end of the procedure. Based on the belief that diversity contributes to our teaching and research, candidates with different backgrounds, experiences and limitations are strongly invited to apply.
Acquisition by third parties is not appreciated.
Reageren is mogelijk tot en met 30 september 2022