Do you want to contribute to societal relevant research projects? Are you curious and want to work in a dynamic work environment full of personal development opportunities?Direct solliciteren
With applied research (www.internationalhu.com/research) HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht contributes to solutions for a wide range of complex societal issues. For example by designing health care interventions, predicting toxicology of new compounds or using sensors to personalize rehabilitation treatments (www.internationalhu.com/healthy-together). Data analysis within these research projects have an increasingly eminent role. With the ever-growing amounts of research data, there is also a greater need to convert this data into meaningful information. HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht is building a Data Science Community with driven Data Scientists who are happy to share their expertise and help our researchers to apply more data-driven techniques. As a Data Scientist at HU you will work on multiple research projects and help answer complex research questions using data. You do this together in a team with researchers, lecturers and fellow data scientists. Quality, learning and collaboration are key concepts here and help us to achieve the best results.
How does your work week look like?
You will provide input and assistance on a diverse range of research projects within HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht. You may for example assist in data cleaning for a project within the life style & health research group on Monday, and build a platform to analyze possible alternatives for animal testing on Tuesday. You easily switch between projects and collaborate with researchers from many different backgrounds, and you enjoy finding and sharing effective ways to learn from our data. Perhaps on Wednesday you work under supervision on the development of a classification model. Raw sensor data goes into the model and we want the highest possible accuracy with minimal input. You sink your teeth into this, come up with solution suggestions and discuss your solution strategy with colleagues during the weekly meeting with your team at the Data Science Pool. You meet up regularly to stay aware of which projects are running and what challenges your colleagues have. Based on the expertise needed in the group, there is room for training so on Fridays you may work on expanding your portfolio of data analysis techniques.
What do we offer you?
We will take time to find out where your talents, expertise and ambitions lie, as well as your availability and preferences. Based on this, we look together at how we can best use your expertise and how we can facilitate your further development at our organization. You will be given plenty of room for your own interpretation of the Data Scientist role and your own contribution to the Data Science Pool and the HU community. HU offers an informal but high impact work environment, where we work on building a knowledge hub with, among others, our researchers, teachers, students, and the community. We work together with other knowledge institutes as well as commercial partners. With this role you have the opportunity to participate in research projects with direct societal impact.
- A contract for 0,8-1 fte on a temporary contract for one year (D4); to be renewed for an indefinite period in case of positive assessment;
- The gross salary for a full-time position starts at € 3.881,09 with a maximum of € 5.332,48 (scale 11).
- A health care contribution of € 300.00 gross per year in proportion to employment;
- In addition, according to the collective labor agreement for HBO, you will receive a holiday allowance of 8% and a guaranteed year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- We have excellent study and development opportunities;
- The possibility to have 428 holiday hours per year with a full-time employment;
- Flexible working hours;
- Obviously a smartphone and a laptop;
- A voluntary collective health insurance and nice extras such as a bicycle plan and
- discounts on other insurance policies, software and fitness;
What do you offer us?
- You work accurately and systematically and are able to organize your own work;
- You are flexible, approachable, and have strong communication skills;
- You are analytically strong and eager to learn;
- A completed master's degree with a clear data science or statistical component;
- Experience with a programming language such as R or Python;
- You might already have knowledge of machine learning / deep learning or at least you’re eager to learn this.
Got excited but still have some questions?
In the period from Monday 8 August to Friday 17 August, you can contact Michiel Punt, coordinator of the Data Science Pool, by telephone on working days via 06 18 29 23 52.
You can apply to this vacancy until 17 August. The first round of interviews is scheduled for Thursday afternoon 25 August and Friday afternoon 26 August.
Reageren is mogelijk tot en met 17 augustus 2022